Any holiday will be much more fun if the whole family is preparing for it - decorating the house, preparing food, coming up with original gifts …
Here is a felt garland idea that is perfect for creative with kids. This garland looks very elegant, but it is simple and fast to do. Moreover, it will last a long time if done carefully.
Garland sewn on a sewing machine
For crafts you will need: red, burgundy, pink, white felt, red threads (ordinary, for a sewing machine or hand sewing), scissors, paper.
1. Make a paper heart pattern according to the attached template:
Adjust the size of the pattern as needed. You can make several patterns for hearts of different sizes, but this is not necessary.
2. According to the received pattern, cut out the hearts from felt. The more hearts you cut out, the longer your garland will be.
3. Sew the felt hearts on a sewing machine so that the garland looks like in the photo above. To do this, after the seam is laid along the next heart, close, but not overlapping, dock another heart, then the next, and so on, until the felt blanks run out.
If you do not have a sewing machine, sew the felt hearts by hand (with a needle-forward stitch), placing them one after the other, as described above.
Garland that does not need to be stitched
For crafts, you will need multi-colored felt, cotton cord, hole punch or thick needle, glue.
Repeat pp. 1 and 2 from the instructions above.
3. Use a hole punch to punch two holes in each felt heart.
4. String the felt hearts onto the string. To prevent the hearts from sliding down the lace, drop glue on each of them (where the lace runs).